When it comes to walk in showers, size definitely matters. Not only do you want a shower that is large enough to comfortably move around in, but you also want one that fits well within the overall design of your bathroom. So, what is a good size for a walk in shower? Here are a few things to keep in mind when making your decision.
The Different Types of Walk in Showers
There are many different types of walk in showers, each with their own benefits. The most common type is the standard shower, which is typically a small room with a shower head and a drain. There are also corner showers, which are great for small bathrooms. Another type of walk in shower is the neo-angle shower, which has two or three sides and can be very stylish. Finally, there are alcove showers, which have one open side and can be very spacious.
Pros and Cons of a Walk in Shower
A walk in shower can be a great addition to any bathroom. They are stylish and can make a small bathroom feel much larger. However, there are some things to consider before installing one.
– Walk in showers are very stylish and can make a small bathroom feel much larger.
– They are also great for people with limited mobility as there is no need to step over a bathtub edge.
– They are easy to clean as there are no nooks and crannies for dirt and mold to hide in.
– Walk in showers can be more expensive than traditional showers.
– They also require more maintenance as the doors and fixtures need to be cleaned regularly to prevent mold and mildew buildup.
– If you have young children or pets, a walk in shower may not be the best option as they can easily slip and fall.
What Size is Ideal for a Walk in Shower?
When it comes to walk in showers, size definitely matters. You want a shower that is large enough to comfortably move around in, but not so large that it feels overwhelming or cramped. So what is the ideal size for a walk in shower?
Generally speaking, the ideal size for a walk in shower is about 5 feet by 5 feet. This gives you plenty of space to move around and take care of business without feeling like you’re in a tight space. Of course, if you have a smaller bathroom, you may need to adjust this slightly. But in general, 5×5 is a good rule of thumb for walk in showers.
Of course, there are always exceptions to the rule. If you have a particularly large bathroom, you may be able to go even bigger with your shower. And if you have a very small bathroom, you may need to scale down slightly. But as long as you keep the general principle of comfortable movement in mind, you should be able to find the perfect size for your walk in shower.
How to Plan the Perfect Walk in Shower
When planning the perfect walk in shower, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you need to decide on the size of the shower. The average walk in shower is about 3 feet by 5 feet, but you can make it as large or small as you like. Keep in mind that the larger the shower, the more water you’ll use and the longer it will take to heat up.
Next, you need to choose a style for your shower. There are many different styles of walk in showers, so take some time to browse through pictures online or in magazines to get an idea of what you like. Once you’ve decided on a style, you can start planning the details like tile patterns, fixtures, and storage options.
Finally, don’t forget to plan for drainage. Walk in showers can be tricky when it comes to drainage because they’re often located in small spaces. Be sure to consult with a contractor or plumber before starting your project to make sure that your drain is installed properly and won’t cause any problems down the road.
Tips for Maintaining Your Walk in Shower
If you have a walk in shower, congratulations! You have a luxurious feature in your home that many people would love to have. Here are some tips for maintaining your walk in shower so that it stays looking its best:
1. Cleaning – Walk in showers require regular cleaning just like any other part of your bathroom. Be sure to sweep and mop the floor regularly, and clean the walls and doors with soap and water or a vinegar solution.
2. Ventilation – Because walk in showers are typically enclosed spaces, it’s important to ensure that they are properly ventilated. This will prevent mold and mildew from growing, and will also keep the air fresh.
3. Storage – If your walk in shower doesn’t have built-in storage, consider adding some shelves or baskets to hold your shower essentials. This will help keep the space organized and clutter-free.
4. Maintenance – Periodically check for cracks or leaks in your walk in shower, and repair them as soon as possible. This will prolong the life of your shower and prevent water damage to your bathroom.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the perfect size for a walk in shower depends on the specific needs and preferences of the individual. However, we hope that our tips have helped you figure out how to choose the right size shower for your home. If you need help finding the perfect shower for your space, check out our selection of walk in showers and find the perfect one for your home.