When you’re planning a new bathroom, one of the first things you need to decide is what size shower you want. If you have a large bathroom, you may be wondering what size is a large walk in shower. There’s no definitive answer, but we can give you some guidelines. A large walk in shower should be at least 5 feet by 5 feet, and preferably larger. It should also have plenty of room for storage and amenities like benches and shelves. If you have a bigger bathroom, you may want to go even larger. Just make sure you have enough space to move around comfortably and that your shower can accommodate all the features you want.
Dimensions of a Large Walk in Shower
The average dimensions of a large walk-in shower are 5 feet wide by 3.5 feet deep. However, the size of your large walk-in shower will ultimately be determined by the size and layout of your bathroom as well as your personal preferences.
If you have a larger bathroom, you may want to consider a larger walk-in shower. Some homeowners choose to go even bigger, with walk-in showers that are 6 feet wide or more. Of course, if your bathroom is on the smaller side, you may need to adjust your expectations for what constitutes a “large” walk-in shower.
No matter what size walk-in shower you ultimately decide on, there are certain features that can make it feel more spacious and luxurious. For example, opting for a glass enclosure instead of curtains or walls can give the illusion of more space. Adding inbuilt shelves or benches can also make your shower feel larger and more functional. And finally, choosing light colors for tile and fixtures will help reflect light and make the space feel brighter and more open.
Pros and Cons of a Large Walk in Shower
There are pros and cons to having a large walk in shower. Some people love the extra space and freedom that a larger shower provides, while others find it difficult to clean and maintain. Here are some things to consider if you’re thinking about installing a large walk in shower:
– More space to move around: A large walk in shower gives you more room to move around, which can be great if you have a lot of bathroom products or if you simply enjoy having more space to yourself.
– Easy to clean: Because there are fewer nooks and crannies for dirt and grime to build up in, large walk in showers are generally easier to keep clean than smaller showers.
– Can be difficult to heat: Extra space can mean extra time spent heating up your shower water, so if you’re looking for an energy-efficient option, a small shower might be better.
– Not as private: If you’re worried about privacy, a large walk in shower might not be the best option since there’s less walls or barriers to block out sounds and smells.
How to Build a Large Walk in Shower
If you’re looking to add a luxurious touch to your bathroom, a large walk in shower is the perfect addition. But how do you build one? Here are the steps you’ll need to take:
1. Choose Your Location: The first step is to choose where your large walk in shower will be located. Keep in mind that it will need to be big enough to accommodate your desired size and features.
2. Prep the Area: Once you’ve selected the location, prep the area by removing any existing fixtures or obstacles. This may require some demolition work, so be sure to consult with a professional if necessary.
3. Install the Shower Base: The next step is to install the shower base. This can be done by either pouring a concrete slab or installing a pre-fabricated base. Be sure to level it off before proceeding.
4. Add Walls and Doors: Now it’s time to start framing out your large walk in shower. Begin by adding walls and doors as desired. If using pre-fabricated panels, make sure they’re properly sealed before moving on.
5. Install Fixtures and Finishes: The final step is to install all of the fixtures and finishes for your new shower, such as faucets, showerheads, tile, and grout. Once everything is in place, enjoy your new spa-like retreat!
A large walk in shower typically has dimensions of at least 60” x 36”, making it big enough to comfortably shower without feeling cramped. However, the size of your large walk in shower will ultimately depend on the size and layout of your bathroom — so be sure to consult with a professional before starting any renovation project. With a little bit of planning, you can easily create a spacious and stylish walk in shower that meets all of your needs.