If you’re planning on renovating your bathroom or simply want to update the look of it, consider using wood tile in your walk-in shower. Wood tile is a beautiful and natural material that can add a touch of luxury to any space. Plus, it’s also durable and easy to care for, making it a great option for busy bathrooms. Ready to see some inspiring ideas? Keep reading for our top walk-in shower wood tile ideas!
What is a Walk-In Shower?
A walk in shower is a shower enclosure that is large enough for a person to walk into without having to step over a threshold or lip. They can be built into new homes or added as a remodeling project. Walk in showers come in many different styles, but one of the most popular is the wood tile walk in shower.
Wood tile walk in showers are just as they sound – they are showers that feature wood tile on the walls and floor. Wood tile comes in many different colors and styles, so you can create a unique look for your shower. You can also choose to have matching tile on the ceiling of your shower for a complete look.
How to Tile a Walk in Shower
When it comes to walk in showers, there are many design options to choose from. One popular option is using wood tile. Wood tile can add a natural and rustic look to your shower, and it can be very easy to install. Here are some tips on how to tile a walk in shower with wood tile:
1. Choose the right type of wood tile. There are many different types of wood tile available, so it’s important to choose one that will work well in a wet environment. You’ll also want to make sure the tile is rated for floor use.
2. Plan your layout. Once you’ve chosen the right type of wood tile, take some time to plan out your layout. This will help you avoid any issues when it comes time to install the tiles.
3. Start at the bottom. When you’re ready to start installing the tiles, begin at the bottom and work your way up. This will help ensure that the tiles are properly aligned and won’t shift over time.
4. Use mortar or adhesive. In order to keep the tiles in place, you’ll need to use either mortar or adhesive. If you’re using mortar, mix it according to the manufacturer’s instructions and apply it with a trowel. For adhesive, spread an even layer on the back of each tile before pressing it into place.
5. Grout the joints. Once all of the tiles are in place, it’s time to grout the joints. Choose a grout that’s rated for use in wet environments and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for mixing and applying it.
Wood Tile Ideas for Walk in Showers
There are many different Wood tile ideas for walk in showers. You can choose from a variety of colors, textures, and patterns to create a one-of-a-kind look for your shower.
One popular option is to use natural stone tiles in a mosaic pattern. This creates a luxurious and sophisticated look that is perfect for any home. Natural stone is also very durable, making it ideal for high traffic areas like showers.
Another popular wood tile idea is to use reclaimed wood tiles. These add a unique rustic charm to any space and are perfect for creating an earthy look in your shower. Reclaimed wood is also very sustainable and environmentally friendly.
If you want something a little more modern, you can opt for ceramic or porcelain tiles in a sleek, contemporary design. These are great for creating a spa-like feel in your shower. Ceramic and porcelain tiles are also very easy to care for and maintain, making them ideal for busy households.
Pros and Cons of Tiling a Walk in Shower
There are pros and cons to tiling a walk in shower. On the plus side, tiles are easy to clean and maintain. They’re also waterproof and durable, so they’ll last for years with proper care. Plus, you can find tiles in a variety of colors, textures, and sizes to create the perfect look for your space.
On the downside, tiles can be expensive. And if they’re not installed correctly, they can crack or break easily. Plus, you need to be careful when cleaning them to avoid damaging the tile or grout.
There are so many different ways that you can use wood tile in your walk in shower. We hope that this article has given you some inspiration for your own project. Whether you use one of our ideas or come up with something completely unique, we know that you will love the results. Be sure to share your photos with us when you’re done!