If you’re thinking about adding a walk in shower to your bathroom, you might be wondering what kind of design to go for. A popular option is to include a bench in the shower. This can be a great way to add extra functionality and style to your space.
In this post, we’ll share some of our favorite walk in shower with bench ideas. We’ll cover a range of designs, from simple and functional to more luxurious and relaxing. So whether you’re looking for inspiration for your own project or just want to drool over some beautiful bathrooms, read on!
Why You Should Consider a Walk In Shower with a Bench
A walk in shower with a bench is a great option for those who are looking for a more luxurious showering experience. There are many benefits to having a shower with a bench, including the fact that it can provide you with a place to relax and unwind after a long day. Additionally, a walk in shower with a bench can also help to make your bathroom appear larger and more open. If you are considering adding a walk in shower with a bench to your home, here are some of the top reasons why you should do so:
1. A walk in shower with a bench can provide you with a more relaxing and luxurious showering experience. If you have ever stepped into a cold, cramped shower, you know how unpleasant it can be. However, when you have plenty of space to move around in and an comfortable place to sit or recline, showers can become much more enjoyable. Not only will you be able to take your time and enjoy the water pressure and temperature that is perfect for you, but you can also use the bench to store all of your toiletries within arm’s reach.
2. A walk in shower with a bench can help to make your bathroom appear larger and more open. When there is furniture taking up space in small bathrooms, it can make the room feel cramped and cluttered. However, by removing this furniture and replacing it with a sleek and slender walk in shower, the room will instantly appear larger. The openness of the space will also help to create the illusion of more natural light, which can make your bathroom appear brighter and more inviting.
3. A walk in shower with a bench can provide you with a place to store all of your toiletries within arm’s reach. If you are like most people, you probably have a lot of toiletries that you need to keep close by when you are showering. When you have a bench in your shower, you will not have to worry about where to put your shampoo, conditioner, soap, or other items. Instead, they will be within easy reach, so you can grab them and get started with your shower right away.
4. A walk in shower with a bench can provide you with a place to relax and unwind after a long day. If you have ever wished that you could just sit down and relax in your bathtub after a long day at work, a walk in shower with a bench can give you that opportunity. You can use the bench to store all of your toiletries within arm’s reach and then take your time enjoying the warm water and steam. This is an excellent way to unwind after a stressful day and can help you get ready for bedtime.
5. A walk in shower with a bench can help to make your bathroom appear larger and more open. When there is furniture taking up space in small bathrooms, it can make the room feel cramped and cluttered. However, by removing this furniture and replacing it with a sleek and slender walk in shower, the room will instantly appear larger. The openness of the space will also help to create the illusion of more natural light, which can make your bathroom appear brighter and more inviting.
How to Choose the Right Walk In Shower with a Bench for Your Home
When it comes to choosing the right walk in shower with a bench for your home, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, think about the size of your bathroom. If you have a small bathroom, you’ll want to choose a shower that doesn’t take up too much space.
Second, think about your budget. There are a variety of walk in showers on the market, so you’ll want to find one that fits your budget.
Third, consider the features you want in your shower. Do you want a shower with multiple heads? A rain shower head? A built-in bench? You’ll want to make sure the shower you choose has the features you’re looking for.
Finally, think about the style of your bathroom. You’ll want to make sure the walk in shower you choose complements the overall style of your bathroom. With these things in mind, you should be able to find the perfect walk in shower with a bench for your home.
The Benefits of Having a Walk In Shower with a Bench
If you’re thinking about adding a walk in shower with a bench to your bathroom, there are several benefits to consider. A walk in shower with a bench can provide a safe, comfortable place to sit while showering, and can also help save space in your bathroom.
A walk in shower with a bench can be especially helpful for seniors or people with mobility issues, as it provides a place to sit while showering. It can also be helpful for young children who need assistance while bathing.
A walk in shower with a bench can also help save space in your bathroom. If you have a small bathroom, adding a bench to your shower can help free up space for other items or make the room feel less cramped.
The Different Types of Walk In Showers with a Bench
There are many different types of walk in showers with a bench. Some have a seat built into the shower, while others have a separate bench that is placed inside the shower. There are also benches that are designed to be used outside of the shower.
The most important thing to consider when choosing a walk in shower with a bench is the size of the space you have available. If you have a small bathroom, you may want to choose a shower with a built-in seat. This will save you space and still allow you to have a place to sit while you shower.
If you have a larger bathroom, you may want to choose a separate bench for your walk in shower. This will give you more room to move around and also allow you to use the bench for other purposes when it is not being used for showers.
Walk in showers with benches can be made from many different materials. The most popular materials include tile, stone, and glass. You can also find benches made from wood and metal. Each material has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it is important to select the right one for your needs.
Tile is often the most affordable option, but it can be difficult to clean if it gets dirty. Stone is more expensive but is easier to clean and can add an elegant look to your bathroom. Glass is the most expensive option but can give your bathroom a modern look.
Wooden benches are typically the easiest to maintain, but they are also the most expensive. Metal benches are usually the least expensive but can be very difficult to clean.
The type of bench you select will also depend on how often you plan on using it. If you only plan on using it occasionally, then a built-in seat may be the best option for you. However, if you plan on using it more frequently, then a separate bench may be a better choice.
When selecting a walk in shower with a bench, make sure that you measure the space correctly before you make your purchase. This way, you will know exactly how much room you have to work with and what size bench will fit in that space.
Walk In Shower with a Bench Installation Tips
If you’re considering installing a walk in shower with a bench, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you’ll need to decide where the bench will go. It’s important to measure the space before you purchase the bench so that you know it will fit. Once you’ve decided on the location, you’ll need to install the drain. The drain needs to be installed before the bench so that it’s properly supported. Then, you can install the tile or other flooring material around the drain. Finally, add the bench seat and enjoy your new shower!
Walk In Shower with a Bench Maintenance Tips
Assuming you have a tiled walk in shower with a bench, the following are maintenance tips to keep it looking its best.
1. First and foremost, make sure you seal your grout and caulk. This will help prevent water damage and mold growth.
2. Clean your shower regularly with a mild soap or vinegar solution. Avoid using harsh chemicals that can damage the tile or grout.
3. Inspect the caulking around your shower door and recaulk as needed to prevent water leaks.
4. If you have any cracks in your tile, repair them as soon as possible to prevent water damage.
5. Lastly, if you notice any mold or mildew growth, treat it immediately with a mold and mildew remover.
A walk in shower with a bench is a great way to add style and functionality to your bathroom. With so many different options available, you should be able to find the perfect bench for your shower. If you need help finding the right one, check out our selection of walk in shower benches and find the perfect one for your home.