A walk in shower wet room is a great way to add value to your home. Not only does it provide you with a luxurious bathroom experience, but it also adds value to your property should you ever decide to sell. If you’re considering adding a walk in shower wet room to your home, then check out these ideas. From sleek and modern designs to more traditional looks, there’s sure to be an option that suits your taste.
What is a Walk In Shower Wet Room?
A walk in shower wet room is a type of bathroom that is designed to be used as a shower without a tub. These rooms are typically smaller than a traditional bathroom and have a glass door or barrier that separates the shower area from the rest of the room.
The Different Types of Walk In Shower Wet Rooms
A walk in shower wet room is a bathroom where the shower area is open, usually with no door or curtain to block the water. The floor of a wet room slopes slightly towards a drain, and the walls and ceiling are waterproofed. Wet rooms can be custom built or converted from an existing bathroom space.
There are several different types of walk in shower wet rooms:
1. The standard wet room has an open shower area with a drain in the floor, and waterproof walls and ceilings. This type of wet room is often used in small bathrooms where there is not enough space for a separate shower enclosure.
2. A wet room with a glass enclosure is another option for small bathrooms. The glass enclosure keeps the water contained within the shower area and prevents it from damaging the rest of the bathroom.
3. A luxury wet room features high-end finishes and fixtures, such as marble floors and walls, rainfall showerheads, and body jets. Luxury wet rooms are typically larger than standard wet rooms and may have multiple showerheads or even a steam shower.
4. A wheelchair accessible wet room is designed to be used by people who have limited mobility. These wet rooms typically have wider doorways, grab bars, and lower showers so that they can be easily accessed by wheelchair users.
15 Walk In Shower Wet Room Ideas:
Here are 15 Ideas for a Wet Room Walk-in Shower:
- Convert a small bathroom into a luxurious wet room by adding stone tiles and a rainfall shower head.
- Create an oasis in your home with an indoor/outdoor wet room that has a view of the garden.
- Keep it simple with white subway tiles and glass doors for a classic look.
- If you have a large bathroom, consider adding multiple shower heads and body sprays for the ultimate spa experience.
- Go bold with black tiles and fixtures for a dramatic effect.
- Use mosaic tiles to add interest and texture to your wet room shower.
- Choose colorful tiles to create a fun and festive atmosphere.
- Incorporate natural elements into your wet room design with stone floors and walls, wooden shelves, and plant life.
- Create a serene space with soft colors and lighting that will help you relax after a long day.
- Keep things organized by adding built-in shelving or storage solutions into your wet room design.
- Add an accent wall or patterned floor tile to give your wet room some personality.
- Let in some light by including a skylight or window in your shower.
- Make things more comfortable with heated floors.
- Install a bench or seat inside your shower so you can rest while enjoying the benefits of hydrotherapy.
- Include grab bars, handrails, or other safety features to make sure your wet room is accessible for everyone.
Pros and Cons of a Walk In Shower Wet Room
There are many things to consider when thinking about installing a walk in shower wet room. The biggest pro is that it can add value to your home. A wet room is a luxurious feature that will make your home stand out from the rest. They are also very easy to clean and maintain, which is a big plus.
However, there are a few cons to think about as well. One is that you need to have a higher water pressure in order for the shower to work properly. This could be an issue if you live in an area with low water pressure. Another downside is that walk in shower wet rooms can be quite slippery, so you need to be careful not to slip and fall.
What are the benefits of a Walk In Shower Wet Room?
There are many benefits to having a walk in shower wet room. First, it can save you money on your water bill each month. Second, it can help keep your bathroom clean and free of mold and mildew. Third, it can provide a place for you to relax after a long day.Fourth, it can increase the value of your home. Fifth, it can help you stay healthy and fit. Sixth, it can be a great way to show off your style and personality. Seventh, it can give you more storage space in your bathroom. Eighth, it can make your bathroom more accessible for people with disabilities. Ninth, it is easier to clean than a traditional shower. Finally, tenth, it can be a great addition to any home.
How to design your own Walk In Shower Wet Room
Your wet room can be as simple or as luxurious as you like, but there are a few things to consider when designing your own. Here are some tips on how to design your own walk in shower wet room:
1. Decide on the size and layout of your wet room. You’ll need to consider the size of your bathroom and how much space you have to work with.
2. Choose the right flooring material. Wet rooms require specialised flooring that can withstand constant moisture.
3. Select waterproof wall coverings. Waterproof paint or tile is essential for wet room walls.
4. Consider drainage options. A good drainage system is crucial for preventing water damage in your wet room.
5. Install appropriate lighting. Wet rooms can be dark, so it’s important to install bright, evenly distributed lighting fixtures.
We hope you enjoyed our roundup of walk in shower wet room ideas. If you’re thinking about installing a wet room in your home, be sure to check out our selection of products to get started. We offer everything from shower panels and enclosures to wet room flooring and drainage systems. And if you need any help along the way, our team of experts is always here to answer any questions you may have. So what are you waiting for? Get started on your wet room today!