What’s more relaxing than a long, hot shower? A walk in shower, of course! But before you can enjoy your new oasis, you need to determine how wide the walk in shower door should be. There are a few factors to consider when choosing the width of your shower door, including the size of your shower and the type of door you want. In this article, we’ll help you figure out the perfect width for your walk in shower door.
What is the standard width of a walk in shower door?
The standard width of a walk in shower door is 36 inches. However, the width of the door can vary depending on the size and layout of your bathroom. If you have a small bathroom, you may want to choose a narrower door to save space.
Does the width of the door matter?
Walk in showers are a great addition to any bathroom. They provide a spa-like feel and can make your bathroom look larger. But what width should a walk in shower door be?
There are a few things to consider when choosing the width of your walk in shower door. First, consider the size of your bathroom. If you have a small bathroom, you may want to choose a narrower door so that it doesn’t take up too much space.
Second, think about how much use the shower will get. If you have a family or often have guests over, you may want to choose a wider door so that people can comfortably enter and exit the shower.
Finally, consider your personal preference. Some people prefer narrower doors while others find them easier to use. There is no right or wrong answer, so choose whatever width you think will work best for you and your bathroom.
How to measure for a walk in shower door
When it comes to walk in showers, the door is just as important as the rest of the shower. After all, you need a door that will be able to open and close easily, without taking up too much space. So, how do you measure for a walk in shower door?
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. The width of the door should be at least 32 inches. This will ensure that there is plenty of room for you to enter and exit the shower without having to squeeze through a narrow opening.
2. The height of the door should be at least 72 inches. This will allow you to have an unobstructed view while you’re showering, and it will also prevent water from splashing out of the shower onto your floor.
3. The thickness of the door should be at least 3/8 inch. This will provide adequate insulation against heat and cold, and it will also add strength and durability to the door.
4. Make sure to take into account any trim or molding around the door opening when measuring for your new shower door. This will ensure that your door fits properly and doesn’t leave any gaps where water could escape.
5. Once you have your measurements, it’s time to start shopping! Walk in shower doors come in a variety of styles, so take some time to browse until you find one that’s perfect for your home
Now that you know how wide a walk in shower door should be, you can start planning your own walk in shower. Keep these measurements in mind when you’re looking at doors and make sure to get a door that will be the right size for your space. With the right door, your walk in shower will be both stylish and functional.