A walk in shower is a great option for those who want the convenience of a shower but don’t have the space for a separate shower and tub. However, there are some drawbacks to having a walk in shower. One of the biggest drawbacks is that you can’t take a relaxing bath in a walk in shower. If you want to turn your walk in shower into a tub, there are a few things you need to do. In this blog post, we will show you how to turn a walk in shower into a tub.
Why Convert a Walk-in Shower Into A Tub?
There are many reasons why you might want to convert your walk-in shower into a tub. Maybe you’re planning on having children and want to have a bathtub for them to use. Or, perhaps you’re getting older and find that you need the support of a tub when bathing. Additionally, some simply prefer taking baths over showers and so want to have the option available to them.
Whatever your reason for wanting to make the change, it’s actually not as difficult as you might think. In most cases, all you’ll need to do is add a tub insert or surround to your existing shower space. This can be done relatively easily and inexpensively, and will give you the ability to take baths whenever you want.
What Is Needed to Convert a Walk-in Shower Into A Tub?
If you’re looking to convert your walk-in shower into a tub, there are a few things you’ll need to do. First, you’ll need to remove any existing shower fixtures and drain covers. Next, you’ll need to install a new tub and faucet. Finally, you’ll need to tile or otherwise finish the new tub surround.
Converting a walk-in shower into a tub is a great way to add value to your home. Not only will it make your bathroom more functional, but it will also give it a more finished look. With just a few simple steps, you can have the bathroom of your dreams.
The Process of Converting a Walk-in Shower Into A Tub
If you have a walk-in shower that you’re not quite satisfied with, it may be time to consider converting it into a tub. This can be a great way to add value to your home and make your bathroom more functional. Here’s a look at the process of converting a walk-in shower into a tub:
1. Assess your current shower. Take some measurements and take note of any features that you want to keep or get rid of. This will help you determine what type of tub would be best for your space.
2. Choose the right tub. There are many different types of tubs on the market, so it’s important to select one that will fit in your space and meet your needs. For example, if you have limited space, a small corner tub might be a good option.
3. Remove the old shower fixtures. This includes the shower head, valve, and any tile or other materials that need to be removed in order to install the new tub.
4. Install the new tub according to manufacturer’s instructions. This process will vary depending on the type of tub you’ve selected. Be sure to follow all instructions carefully in order to avoid any damage to your home’s plumbing system.
5. Add new fixtures and finishes as desired. Once the new tub is in place, you can add finishing touches like tile, trim, and fixtures
There are plenty of reasons to consider turning your walk in shower into a tub. Whether you’re looking to add value to your home or simply want a change of pace, this project is definitely worth undertaking. With our tips, you’ll be able to successfully turn your shower into a tub in no time. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!