If you have a walk in shower, then you know that they can be a bit of a pain to clean. But with these simple tips, you can make sure that your shower stays clean and sparkling for as long as possible!
Supplies You Will Need
Assuming you will be cleaning your walk in shower on a weekly basis, you will need the following supplies:
-A shower cleaner. You can either purchase a pre-made shower cleaner or make your own using equal parts water and vinegar.
-A soft scrub brush. This will be used to scrub the walls and floor of your shower.
-A microfiber cloth. This can be used to wipe down the walls and glass door of your shower after you have cleaned it.
-A squeegee. This is optional, but can be used to quickly remove any water from the walls or door after you have finished cleaning.
Preparing the Shower for Cleaning
If you have a walk in shower, you know that they can be difficult to clean. The good news is that there are some things that you can do to make cleaning your shower much easier.
One of the first things that you need to do is to remove all of the items from your shower. This includes shampoo, soap, and anything else that you may have in there. Once everything is out of the way, you can start cleaning.
Start by spraying down your shower with a cleaner. Let it sit for a few minutes so that it can break up any dirt or grime that may be on your shower walls. After a few minutes, take a sponge or cloth and wipe down your shower walls.
Next, you need to clean your shower floor. You can either use a hose attachment to spray down your floor or you can use a mop. If you use a mop, make sure that you wring it out well before going over your shower floor. You don’t want to leave any water on the floor as this could lead to mold or mildew growth.
Once your floor is clean, move on to cleaning your glass door (if you have one). Use a glass cleaner and a soft cloth to wipe down the outside and inside of your door.
Finally, rinse off all of the cleaner from your shower and enjoy using it!
Cleaning the Shower Walls
If you have a walk in shower, then you know that keeping it clean can be a bit of a challenge. The good news is that there are some easy tips that you can follow to keep your shower looking its best. One of the most important things that you can do is to make sure that you clean the shower walls on a regular basis.
One of the easiest ways to clean shower walls is to use a squeegee. After each shower, simply run the squeegee across the walls to remove any water or soap residue. This will help to prevent build-up and keep your walls looking clean and shiny.
In addition to using a squeegee, you should also be sure to wipe down your shower walls with a damp cloth on a weekly basis. This will help to remove any dirt or grime that may have accumulated over time. Be sure to rinse the cloth thoroughly after each use so that no soap residue is left behind.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your walk in shower looking its best for years to come!
Cleaning the Shower Floor
Assuming you have a walk in shower with a tile floor, here is how to clean it:
1. Start by mopping the floor with warm water and a mild soap. You can also add a little vinegar to the mix for extra cleaning power.
2. Once you’ve mopped, scrub the floor with a brush or non-abrasive sponge to remove any stubborn dirt or soap scum.
3. Rinse the floor well with clean water and dry it off with a towel or mop.
4. If you see any mold or mildew, treat it with a commercial cleaner or a mixture of bleach and water before mopping and scrubbing again.
Assuming you have already cleaned the shower itself, it is now time to focus on the rest of the bathroom. Finish up by wiping down any soap scum or dirt that has accumulated on the shower door, tile, and fixtures. Be sure to also scrub the drain and floor grates to remove any build-up. Once everything is clean and dry, put all of your cleaning supplies away and enjoy your sparkling new walk in shower!
Maintaining a Clean Walk In Shower
Maintaining a clean walk in shower is key to keeping your bathroom looking its best. Here are a few tips on how to keep your shower clean:
1. Use a squeegee or towel to remove water from the walls and door after each shower. This will help prevent soap scum and mildew from building up.
2. Clean the shower floor regularly with a non-slip cleaner.
3. Keep the drain clear of hair and other debris.
4. If you have tile in your shower, make sure to seal the grout to help prevent mold and mildew from growing.
5. Don’t forget to clean the inside of the shower door! A build-up of soap scum can make it difficult to see through the glass.