Are you looking for a way to add a walk in shower to your home but don’t want to break the bank? Building a shower on a concrete floor is a great way to do just that. With a few simple supplies and some basic knowledge of how to build showers, you can have a beautiful new addition to your home in no time. In this blog post, we’ll show you how to build a walk in shower on a concrete floor. We’ll cover everything from prepping the area to installing the drain and waterproofing the shower. By the end, you’ll have all the information you need to build your very own walk in shower.
What is a walk in shower?
A walk in shower is a shower enclosure that is large enough for a person to walk into without having to step over a threshold or lip. They are typically constructed of tile, glass, or stone and can be either frameless or have a frame. Walk in showers can have a variety of different features, including rainfall showerheads, built-in benches, and shelves.
Why build a walk in shower on a concrete floor?
A walk in shower is a great addition to any bathroom, and can be especially beneficial if you have a concrete floor. There are several reasons why you might want to build a walk in shower on a concrete floor:
1. Concrete is very durable, so your shower will last for many years.
2. Concrete is easy to clean, so you won’t have to worry about mold or mildew buildup.
3. A walk in shower on a concrete floor can give your bathroom an updated, modern look.
4. Concrete is a very versatile material, so you can customize the look of your shower to match the rest of your bathroom’s decor.
If you’re thinking about adding a walk in shower to your home, consider building it on a concrete floor. You’ll get all the benefits of a durable, easy-to-clean shower that will also add value to your home.
How to build a walk in shower on a concrete floor?
Building a walk in shower on a concrete floor is not as difficult as it may seem. With the right tools and materials, you can easily build a shower that will be both functional and stylish.
Here are the basic steps you will need to follow to build a walk in shower on a concrete floor:
1. Mark out the area where you want to build your shower. Use a tape measure to make sure that the area is large enough for your desired shower size.
2. Cut the expansion joints around the perimeter of the shower area with a saw. These joints allow for movement of the concrete slab and help to prevent cracking.
3. Install a waterproof membrane on the floor and walls of the shower area. This will help to keep water from seeping through cracks in the concrete and causing leaks.
4. Install drains in each corner of the shower area. The drains should be sloped so that water will drain properly away from the shower area.
5. Install tile or another type of waterproofing material on the floor and walls of the shower area. This will create a barrier against water damage and make cleaning much easier.
Building a walk in shower on a concrete floor is not as difficult as it may seem. With the right preparation and materials, you can have a beautiful and functional shower in no time. Follow our tips and you’ll be sure to have the perfect shower for your home in no time.