So, you’ve decided to take the plunge and install a walk-in shower. Congratulations! You won’t regret this decision, especially when you see how much easier it is to keep clean. But before you can enjoy your new shower, you need to know how to remove a bathtub and install a walk-in shower. In this blog post, we will explore how much it costs to remove a bathtub and install a walk-in shower. We will also provide some tips on how to do it yourself if you’re feeling handy. So read on for everything you need to know about ditching your tub and making the switch to a walk-in shower.
How much does it cost to remove a bathtub and install a walk-in shower?
The cost to remove a bathtub and install a walk-in shower will vary depending on the size of your bathroom, the type of shower you choose, and whether or not you need to make any other changes to your plumbing. Expect to pay anywhere from $1,000 to $3,000 for the project.
How to save money on the project
There are a few ways that you can save money on the project. One way is to do the work yourself. This will obviously take some time and effort on your part, but it can save you a lot of money in the long run.
Another way to save money is to find ways to reuse some of the materials from the old bathroom. For example, if the tub is in good condition, you may be able to simply have it resurfaced instead of replaced. This can save you a significant amount of money.
Finally, be sure to shop around for the best prices on materials and labor. Get multiple quotes from different contractors before making a final decision. By taking the time to do this research, you can ensure that you get the best possible deal on your new walk-in shower.
How to find a contractor
When you are ready to install your new walk in shower, you will need to find a reputable contractor who can do the job. Here are some tips on how to find a qualified contractor:
1. Get referrals from friends or family members who have had similar work done.
2. Check online directories or review websites.
3. Contact local home improvement stores or bathroom remodeling companies and ask for recommendations.
4. Once you have a few names, check their references and licensing status.
5. Make sure you get a written estimate before work begins.
What to expect during the installation process
If you’re planning to remove your bathtub and install a walk-in shower, there are a few things you can expect during the installation process. First, your contractor will need to remove the existing tub, which may require some demolition. Next, they’ll install the new shower base and walls, as well as any fixtures like showersheads or faucets. Finally, they’ll finish up by tiling the shower and connecting all the plumbing. The entire process usually takes about two days from start to finish.
Tips for maintaining your new walk-in shower
Assuming you have already installed your new walk-in shower, there are a few key tips to keep in mind in order to maintain it.
– First and foremost, always make sure to clean your shower regularly. This means scrubbing the walls and floor with soap and water on a regular basis, as well as using a tile cleaner or grout cleaner every so often.
– Secondly, be sure to seal any cracks or holes in the shower with silicone caulking. This will help prevent water damage and mold growth.
– Thirdly, if you have glass doors on your walk-in shower, be sure to clean them regularly with glass cleaner and a soft cloth.
– Lastly, always check for any leaks around the showerhead, faucets, and drains. If you notice any leaks, be sure to fix them right away to prevent further water damage.