A walk in shower is a great way to save space and make your bathroom look more open and airy. But how long should it be? There’s no right answer, but there are a few factors to consider when you’re deciding on the length of your walk in shower. In this blog post, we’ll explore those factors and help you make the best decision for your space.
The average length of a walk-in shower
The average length of a walk-in shower is 3 feet. The average width of a walk-in shower is 5 feet. The average height of a walk-in shower is 6 feet.
How to determine the right length for your shower
When it comes to shower length, there is no “one size fits all” answer. The best way to determine the right length for your shower is to first consider how you will be using the space. If you have a small bathroom and are looking to save space, a shorter shower may be the better option. However, if you have a larger bathroom and are looking for a more luxurious experience, a longer shower may be what you’re after.
There are a few things to keep in mind when determining the right length for your shower. First, think about how much time you typically spend in the shower. If you find that you generally take shorter showers, a shorter shower enclosure may be ideal. On the other hand, if you tend to spend more time in the shower, opting for a longer enclosure can give you the extra space you need to relax and enjoy your time.
Another factor to consider is the type of showerhead you prefer. If you like having plenty of room to move around and use different types of showerheads, opt for a longer enclosure. However, if you prefer a more compact space and tend to stick with one type of showerhead, a shorter enclosure may work better for you.
Finally, consider your budget when deciding on shower length. Longer showers tend to be more expensive than shorter ones, so if cost is a factor, opt for a shorter enclosure. Keep these considerations in mind when determining the best length for
Tips for installing a walk-in shower
When it comes to walk-in showers, size does matter. But, how big should a walk-in shower be? We asked some of our top bathroom remodeling contractors to share their tips on installing a walk-in shower.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when planning the size of your walk-in shower:
1. The minimum size for a walk-in shower is 32” x 32”. This is the industry standard for comfort and functionality.
2. If you have the space, make your shower bigger! Most people prefer a shower that is at least 36” x 36”.
3. Keep in mind the type of fixtures you want to include in your shower. For example, if you want to include a bench or seat in your shower, you will need to factor in additional space for that feature.
4. When it comes to glass doors for your walk-in shower, the wider the better! A wider door will make your shower feel more open and spacious.
5. Don’t forget about ventilation! Make sure your bathroom is well ventilated to avoid any moisture build-up problems.
There is no definitive answer to how long a walk in shower should be, as it depends on personal preference and the available space in your bathroom. However, we do recommend that you choose a shower size that will allow you to comfortably move around without feeling cramped. If you’re unsure of what size to choose, our experts can help you select the perfect walk in shower for your home. Contact us today to get started!