A walk in shower is a great addition to any bathroom. It can make the space feel bigger and more open, and it’s a great way to show off your beautiful tile work. But one question we get a lot is, “Does a walk in shower need a door?” The answer is, it depends. If you have the space for a doorless shower, then go for it! But if you’re tight on space or want to contain the water spray, then a glass shower door is a great option. In this blog post, we’ll explore the pros and cons of both doorless and glass-enclosed showers, so you can decide what’s right for your bathroom.
What is a walk in shower?
A walk in shower is a type of shower enclosure that does not have a door or curtain. This type of shower allows for easy entry and exit, as well as unobstructed views and ventilation. Walk in showers can be installed in any bathroom, regardless of size or layout.
Do walk in showers need doors?
A walk in shower does not need a door if the shower is small and enclosed on all sides. However, if the shower is large or open on one side, then a door is necessary to keep water from cascading out of the shower area.
The pros and cons of walk in showers with doors
When it comes to walk in showers, there are pros and cons to having a door. On the one hand, a door can provide privacy and keep water from splashing outside of the shower area. On the other hand, a door can be an obstacle to getting in and out of the shower, and it can also make the space feel smaller.
If you’re considering a walk in shower with a door, here are some things to keep in mind:
– A door can provide privacy and keep water contained.
– A door can help prevent slips and falls by providing a barrier to step over.
– A door can keep the shower area warmer, since it will be less drafty.
– A door can be an obstacle to getting in and out of the shower, especially if it’s a tight fit.
– A door can make the space feel smaller and more cramped.
– Doors require regular maintenance, such as cleaning and drying off after each use to prevent mold and mildew buildup.
The pros and cons of walk in showers without doors
There are a few things to consider before ditching the shower door. Here are the pros and cons of walk in showers without doors.
– More space: Doors can take up a lot of space in a small bathroom. Ditching the door can give you back some much-needed square footage.
– Sleek look: A walk in shower without a door has a sleek, modern look that many homeowners crave.
– Easy to clean: Since there’s no door or curtain to contend with, cleaning a walk in shower is a breeze.
– Less privacy: Obviously, if there’s no door, there’s less privacy. This may not be an issue for everyone, but it’s something to consider if you have young children or live in close quarters with your neighbors.
– Water containment: Without a door or curtain, containing the water from your shower can be tricky. You’ll need to be extra diligent about wiping up any water that spills out onto the floor after your shower.
How to make a decision about whether or not to have a door on your walk in shower
One of the main considerations when deciding whether or not to have a door on your walk in shower is the amount of space you have in your bathroom. If you have a small bathroom, then a doorless shower may not be the best option as it could make the space feel even smaller. Another consideration is how often you use your shower. If you find that you use your shower multiple times per day, then a doorless shower could be more convenient as you wouldn’t have to keep opening and closing the door each time. However, if you only use your shower occasionally, then a doorless shower might not be the best option as it could let water and steam escape, making your bathroom feel less comfortable.
Another consideration is the level of privacy you desire in your bathroom. If you share your bathroom with others, then having a door on your walk in shower might provide some much-needed privacy. However, if you have your own private bathroom, then a doorless shower might be just fine. Finally, consider the style of your bathroom when making this decision. If you have a modern or minimalist style bathroom, then a doorless shower could fit right in. However, if your bathroom has more traditional elements, then adding a door to your walk in shower might be the better option.
Walk in showers are a great way to add style and value to your home, but they do require some planning. One of the most important aspects of any walk in shower is the door. A walk in shower without a door can be dangerous, so it’s important to make sure you have one that is both stylish and functional. With so many options on the market, you should be able to find a door that fits your needs and budget.